Thursday, November 29, 2012

DAY HUNDRED FORTY ONE - poorly


That’s what they say here – so & so is feeling poorly, rather than sick or under the weather or anything like that. Well, today I’m feeling a little poorly myself. A couple days ago Katya came up with tonsillitis again, and the next day Leah suddenly felt rather poorly herself. When I saw them yesterday and asked Katya how she was doing (as she and Leah both stayed home from church), she said she still had a headache and that her “right here” hurt. (She called it ‘her throat,’ but I told her it sounded more like her lungs to my way of thinking, according to where she was pointing.)

As for me, I woke up to a swollen, constricted, slightly sore throat (and I do KNOW the difference!)
. . . and MY lungs are kind of hurting, as well - oh, yeah, and I can also tell that my ears are inflamed. Hhm. Seems too soon to have gotten it from them – wonder what’s going on?!

Can’t really complain, though, because, other than allergies coming out the yin yang (In urban dictionary vernacular, it gives this Chinese term a meaning similar to ‘out the wazoo,’ refers to ‘in abundance’ and/or ‘all over the place’.), I’ve had absolutely (knock on wood) stellar health. And, quite honestly, this is certainly not the worst case of ‘feeling poorly’ I’ve ever experienced, either.