Finally
ended up where I believe Loraine meant for me to be all along – in THE house
with the rest of the fam. (You may recall that when I arrived back on Day 162
and Stacey had met me, she said something about me going into the hotel for the
time being – confusing me terribly at the time as I had anticipated from my
original conversation with Loraine that I was to join the family in their
dwelling from the get-go. Just look – it has taken 47 days for this plan to finally
materialize!) This translates to mean that I am on the 2nd (English)
floor – with Tom on the other side of the wall, and Sam across the hall (also
close to the only REAL bathroom in the house - and that’s a not a bad thing!)
Oh, well, whatever. (There wasn’t even a mattress on the bed when I walked
through the door. in what formerly had been Hannah’s room. Seems that when Chloe
had been bed-hopping she has had one too many accidents and they had moved the
mattress out in anticipation of my arrival. So Polly brought me over a folded
bed (futon) from the cupboard, sneaking past the door where the guests were
enjoying the evening entertainment.)
Woke
up with a frog in my throat.
From the Guardian_
Quote. It’s Groundhog Day – and Punxsutawney Phil
has predicted an early spring.
Thousands of people gathered on
Gobbler's Knob in Pennsylvania to watch the furry rodent emerge from his lair. According
to folklore, if the groundhog sees his shadow on February 2, winter will last
six more weeks. If he does not, spring will come early. And that is what the
Inner Circle - the group that dons top hats and tuxedos on Groundhog Day each
year to oversee the ceremony - reported to the crowds. Endquote. Meaning today commemorates Happy
Birthday, Grandma Mary!!
Just realized that I’ve come across absolutely NO insects inside
of houses here in England. Can you believe it?! Not one eentsy, weentsy
spider – not even so much as a spider web – anywhere! – from those 'invisible spiders' like we have back home!
Tonight at dinner the group who had celebrated
Jordan’s birthday the evening before were all wearing fake moustaches to go
along with the Fawlty Towers’ theme. (Both Mr Fawlty and Manuel, the Spanish
waiter, sport them.) Pretty cool to get SO into it! Not even so much as a spider web!
Can’t even show you a picture, because basically –
for now – it is a trashed room – with me in it! (Actually, I lied – there is a
photo. Just as I had ‘Pinkie’ greeting me on my first morning here in Weymouth,
this time I awoke to four young Liverpudlians strolling towards me.)
Photos_
